The Paschal Mystery and the Gospels
The Paschal Mystery and the Gospels is the third semester course (first semester in year 2) in the new high school framework curriculum series Live Jesus in Our Hearts. This series takes a fresh approach to the Framework outline, bringing in new themes such as in-depth use of scripture, extensive online resources, and an invitational, evangelizing approach.
The Paschal Mystery and the Gospels continues the series commitment to combine the Framework content points with Scripture reading and exegesis. While exploring the meaning of Jesus’ passion, death, Resurrection, and Ascension, the course takes a deep dive into the Gospel accounts of these events. The text helps students explore and analyze the similarities and differences between the four Gospels accounts of these events. In the process, you will help the students arrive at a deeper understanding of Christ’s saving mission.
Plus, help students connect using:
- Short stories about young people that relate a teaching or belief to a young person’s lived experience.
- Focus questions introduce each unit in the voice of a teen, guiding students in focusing on what they might learn; units end with an image of a real student and his or her reflections on the unit focus question, inviting the students to check their own understanding.
- A Unit Highlights section that uses graphic organizers to visually represent the key concepts from each chapter.
- “Hmmm” questions at the end of each article that encourage students to think critically about Christian beliefs.
- A full page visual feature at the end of each chapter that engages students to reflect on the chapter content in a unique way.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: Jan. 6, 2020