Reconciliation Catechist Guide
Celebrate and Remember
Edited by Joanna Dailey
**The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found this catechist guide, copyright 2011, to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Celebrate and Remember prepares children for the celebration of the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation and the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Through the effective process of liturgical catechesis, preparation for these Sacraments takes place not only by learning about the rites but also through the rites that are going to be celebrated. It is a process that will result in a deeper understanding and more meaningful celebration of these important Sacraments.
The catechist guide provides comprehensive support for catechists as they prepare the candidates for participating and reflecting on the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation.
Copyright: June 17, 2011
Size: 12 x 10
Item number: 2325
The catechist guide includes:
- catechist prayers and background for topics addressed in each unit.
- planner pages for each unit, providing the objectives, teaching steps, activities, and materials.
- ritual actions to accompany each unit's opening prayer.
- scripts for each step in the unit.
- Scripture background text.
- background on various aspects of the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation.
- stories of saints and holy people to share with the children.
- cultural connections.
- suggestions for music to accompany each lesson.
- additional activities for each session.