Reconciliation Home Guide
Celebrate and Remember
Edited by Joanna Dailey
Celebrate and Remember prepares children for the celebration of the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation and the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Through the effective process of liturgical catechesis, preparation for these Sacraments takes place not only by learning about the rites but also through the rites that are going to be celebrated. It is a process that will result in a deeper understanding and more meaningful celebration of these important Sacraments.
The home guide is an easy-to-use resource designed to help parents prepare their children to celebrate the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation.
It includes clear steps of preparation and planning:
- Parent Background: offers deeper insight into the content of the chapter.
- Get Ready!: identifies specific points of consideration that can enrich the preparation experience.
- Get Set!: covers specific materials that might be needed for the lesson and provides a prayer for parents.
- Go!: gives suggestions for introducing the lesson and praying the opening prayer.
Fully developed lesson plans are provided for each part of the chapter:
- We Listen: presents a Bible story that is the scriptural basis for the lesson.
- We Learn: covers the Church teaching, or doctrine, that forms the core of the lesson.
- We Live: connects the focus of the lesson to daily life.
- We Pray: offers a closing prayer that families can pray together.
Copyright: June 17, 2011
Size: 8.375 x 11