The New Testament: The Good News of Jesus Christ, First Edition
Edited by Joanna Dailey
Flexibility is needed now more than ever, which is why we're excited to announce that you can now purchase an eBook and print book bundle for a discounted price! Give us a call at 1-800-533-8095 to learn more.
The New Testament: The Good News of Jesus Christ
The purpose of this course is to provide an in-depth study of the New Testament. Since Jesus Christ's life, death, and Resurrection are at the heart of the Christian mystery, this course begins by looking at the four complementary but unique portraits of Jesus that are found in the four Gospels. Next, it traces the spread of the Gospel as told in Acts and the Letters. The course also considers the challenges faced by the early Church that emerge through a careful reading of the New Testament Letters and the Book of Revelation. Additionally, it will look closely at what the followers of Jesus in the early Church proclaimed about him and explore the historical, religious and cultural world of Jesus' time. Ultimately, the course will guide students in seeing the relevance of the Gospel message for the world today.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: March 13, 2012
Size: 6 x 9
Length: 275 pages
Item number: 1152
In addition to the complete text of the print book, the iBook Edition, and the enhanced interactive e-Books, add the following features:
- In-text links to official, online versions of Scripture, the Catechism, and Church documents so that students can study quotes from the text in their original context.
- In-text links to online biographies of all the saints mentioned in the student text.
- Photo galleries that explore topics in the text.
- Presentations that review key concepts.
- Self-correcting quizzes that assess the student’s mastery of the content in each part of the text.
- Links to online videos that explore people or concepts in greater depth.
The Living in Christ Series
- Makes the most of the wisdom and experience of Catholic high school teachers as they empower and guide students to participate in their own learning.
- Engages students' intellect and responds to their natural desire to know God.
- Encourages faith in action through carefully crafted learning objectives, lessons, activities, active learning, and summative projects that address multiple learning styles.
What you will find . . .
- Each Living in Christ student book is developed in line with the U.S. Bishops' High School Curriculum Framework and provides key doctrine essential to the course in a clear and accessible way, making it relevant to the students and how they live their lives.
- Each Living in Christ teacher guide carefully crafts the lessons, based on the key principles of Understanding by Design, to guide the students' understanding of key concepts.
- Living in Christ offers an innovative, online learning environment featuring flexible and customizable resources to enrich and empower the teacher to respond to the diverse learning needs of the students.
- The Living in Christ series is available to you in traditional full-color text and in digital textbook format, offering you options to meet your preferences and needs.
**This title is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
By Sr. Katherine Feely, SND, high school educator
By Patrick Tiernan, Boston College High School
View related products
Call 800-533-8095 to order