The New Testament: The Good News of Jesus Christ
To ensure our Teacher Guides are used to assist teachers, and do not become a resource for the students, it is Saint Mary’s Press’ policy to only ship this Teacher Guide to a school. If you would like a copy shipped to a location other than a school, or would like to receive a review copy, please contact our customer care department.
The New Testament: The Good News of Jesus Christ begins by looking at the four complementary but unique portraits of Jesus found in the four Gospels. It considers the challenges faced by the early Church that emerge through a careful reading of the New Testament Letters and the Book of Revelation. The course continues by looking closely at what Jesus’s followers in the early Church proclaimed about him and explores the historical, religious, and cultural world of Jesus’s time. The course guides students in seeing the relevance of the Gospel message for the world today.
The Living in Christ Series
- Makes the most of the wisdom and experience of Catholic high school teachers as they empower and guide students to participate in their own learning.
- Engages students' intellect and responds to their natural desire to know God.
- Encourages faith in action through carefully crafted learning objectives, lessons, activities, active learning, and summative projects that address multiple learning styles.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: March 12, 2012
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 300 pages
Item number: 1252
What You will Find
- Each Living in Christ student book is developed in line with the U.S. Bishops' High School Curriculum Framework and provides key doctrine essential to the course in a clear and accessible way, making it relevant to the students and how they live their lives.
- Each Living in Christ teacher guide carefully crafts the lessons, based on the key principles of Understanding by Design, to guide the students' understanding of key concepts.
- Living in Christ offers an innovative, online learning environment featuring flexible and customizable resources to enrich and empower the teacher to respond to the diverse learning needs of the students.
- The Living in Christ series is available to you in traditional full-color text and in digital textbook format, offering you options to meet your preferences and needs.
To access additional online resources for this course, please go to: http://www.smp.org/resourcecenter/books/
By Sr. Katherine Feely, SND, high school educator
By Patrick Tiernan, Boston College High School