Who we are: Our Legacy
Saint Mary's Press is a contemporary expression of the Catholic Church's mission to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ and the Lasallian mission to provide a human and Christian education for young people, especially the poor. Saint Mary's Press dates from 1943, when Brother Alphonsus Pluth, FSC, began publishing high school religion resources.
Why we exist: Our Core Purpose
To enliven young peoples' hearts and minds with the Good News of Jesus Christ!
What we do: Our Core Strategic Focus
With our partners in schools, parishes, and families, we share the Good News of Jesus Christ with Catholic Christian youth, ages 6 to 19, using all appropriate means and media through publications and services.
What we value: Our Core Values
- We carry forward the Lasallian tradition of educating and forming in faith youth of all cultures and all economic circumstances.
- We share the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the good of young people.
- We respect all members of the Saint Mary's Press family by nurturing their personal and professional well-being, and at the same time strive to nurture the human community through our work.
- We produce affordable goods and services marked by high quality and excellence, innovation and creativity in pedagogy and presentation.
How we do it: Our Core Commitments
- We foster the personal well-being and professional growth of our employees.
- We create materials and services that engage young peoples' participation, affirm their innate goodness, inspire their hearts and minds, vitalize their relationships, and nourish their faith and life.
- We create relevant, effective, active, and life-affirming materials and services for our partners.
- We produce timely, effective, attractive, and durable materials that are economical and environmentally friendly.
- We market our materials and services as widely as possible and at fair prices, allowing us to continue our mission.
- We listen and respond to our partners in ways that build their trust in their relationships with us.
- We define excellence in dialogue with our partners.