Who we are: Our Legacy
Saint Mary's Press is a contemporary expression of the Catholic Church's mission to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ and the Lasallian mission to provide a human and Christian education for young people, including those who are economically deprived. Saint Mary's Press dates from 1943, when Brother Alphonsus Pluth, FSC, began publishing high school religion resources.
Why we exist: Our Core Purpose
To enliven young peoples' hearts and minds with the Good News of Jesus Christ!
What we do: Our Core Strategic Focus
With our partners in schools, parishes, and families, we share the Good News of Jesus Christ with Catholic Christian youth, ages 6 to 19, using all appropriate means and media through publications and services.
What we value: Our Core Values
- We carry forward the Lasallian tradition of educating and forming in faith youth of all cultures and all economic circumstances.
- We share the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the good of young people.
- We respect all members of the Saint Mary's Press family by nurturing their personal and professional well-being, and at the same time strive to nurture the human community through our work.
- We produce affordable goods and services marked by high quality and excellence, innovation and creativity in pedagogy and presentation.
How we do it: Our Core Commitments
- We foster the personal well-being and professional growth of our employees.
- We create materials and services that engage young peoples' participation, affirm their innate goodness, inspire their hearts and minds, vitalize their relationships, and nourish their faith and life.
- We create relevant, effective, active, and life-affirming materials and services for our partners.
- We produce timely, effective, attractive, and durable materials that are economical and environmentally friendly.
- We market our materials and services as widely as possible and at fair prices, allowing us to continue our mission.
- We listen and respond to our partners in ways that build their trust in their relationships with us.
- We define excellence in dialogue with our partners.