Jesus the Christ
Jesus the Christ bridges the past and the present. It offers a presentation of Jesus that recognizes the past but helps readers get in touch with current trends in the study of Jesus. Jesus the Christ offers a thorough, solidly researched, and clear presentation of the life, ministry, message, and meaning of Jesus. Maps, timelines, and an index are included.
1. Who Is Jesus? Searching in the New Testament and Beyond.
2. The Gospels: Central Sources for Understanding Jesus.
3. The World of Jesus: History and Politics.
4. Daily Life in Jesus' Time: Culture and Religion.
5. The Mission Begins: Preparing the Way of the Lord.
6. The Kingdom of God: Proclaiming the Dream of Jesus.
7. Jesus Speaks: Sayings and Stories of the Kingdom.
8. Jesus Heals: Signs of the Kingdom.
9. The Cross: The End or a Beginning?
10. The Resurrection: God Is Victorious! Jesus Is Lord!
11. Paul: Apostle to the Gentiles.
12. The Letters of Paul: Proclaiming Christ Crucified and Risen.
13. Good News from Age to Age: The Church's Understanding of Jesus Christ.
Copyright: Jan. 1, 2000
Size: 6 x 9
Length: 288 pages
sign in to write a reviewwrite a review
By Rev. James B. Dunning
Review by Monika K. Hellwig, Commonweal
Review by William P. Roberts, St. Anthony Messenger