The Catholic Youth Bible Teacher Guide
Edited by Virginia Halbur, MA
Call 800-533-8095 to order
To ensure our Teacher Guides are used to assist teachers, and do not become a resource for the students, it is Saint Mary’s Press’ policy to only ship this Teacher Guide to a school. If you would like a copy shipped to a location other than a school, or would like to receive a review copy, please contact our customer care department.
Both the Old Testament and the New Testament teacher guides for The Catholic Youth Bible® are designed as semester-long courses for freshmen or sophomores. The guides utilize the principles of Understanding by Design to lead students to a deep understanding of key concepts.
Each unit includes:
- a unit overview.
- key understandings and questions.
- creative final performance task assessments.
- the suggested path to understanding.
- a list of biblical chapters or verses utilized in the lesson.
- learning experiences, handouts, and assessments.
This Old Testament teacher guide features these units:
- Introduction to the Scriptures.
- Historical Books (Joshua and Judges).
- Historical Books (1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings).
- Wisdom Literature (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Wisdom).
- Poetry (Psalms and the Song of Songs).
To access additional online resources for this guide, please go to: http://www.smp.org/resourcecenter/books/
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: June 1, 2011
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 316 pages