The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers
By Janet Claussen, Jerry Shepherd, Chris Wardwell, Diana Macalintal, Susan Stark and Pat Finan
Whether middle schoolers encounter this book as part of the Catholic Connections program in faith formation or pick it up out of curiosity, The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers offers great guidance and aims to help young teens learn about all the central aspects of the Catholic faith, including God, Revelation, faith, Jesus the Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Church, liturgy and Sacraments, Christian morality and justice, and prayer.
The book contains many special features and sidebars, including:
- Live It!: suggestions for putting faith into action.
- Pray It!: short, inspiring prayers.
- Did You Know?: additional information about selected topics.
- Fun Facts: brief notes designed to inform and amuse.
- Illustrations: 22 four-color illustrations of people of faith.
- People of Faith: profiles of inspiring, faith-filled people.
- Think About It!: questions to ponder or discuss with friends and family.
- Liturgy Connections: articles that show the relationship between Catholic beliefs and worship.
- Looking Back: insights from history.
- A collection of prayers.
- A glossary of key words.
- A handy, brief summary of Catholic beliefs and practices.
The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers is a great tool for study, but it is more than that. It offers excellent guidance for praying and living the Catholic faith.
Click here for the Roman Missal updates for The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers.
The Subcommittee on the Catechism (formerly the Ad Hoc Committee to Oversee the Use of the Catechism), United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found this catechetical text, copyright 2009, to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: Feb. 2, 2009
Size: 6.375 x 9.188
Length: 552 pages
sign in to write a reviewwrite a review
By Mary Lee Becker, speaker and middle school consultant, Troy, Michigan
By Michael Theisen, director of membership services, National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
Today's Catholic Teacher, March, 2009
Religion Teacher's Journal, March, 2009