Teaching Manual for Written on Our Hearts (2009)
The Old Testament Story of God's Love, Third Edition
To ensure our Teacher Guides are used to assist teachers, and do not become a resource for the students, it is Saint Mary’s Press’ policy to only ship this Teacher Guide to a school. If you would like a copy shipped to a location other than a school, or would like to receive a review copy, please contact our customer care department.
This in-depth course brings to life the books of the Old Testament, with a full-color student text that covers the most important stories and passages of the Old Testament and guides students as they read the Bible. The one-semester course can be taught to ninth-graders but is ideal for tenth- and eleventh-grade students.
The Teaching Manual for Written on Our Hearts fully supports the third edition of the student text and includes numbered references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, prayers, prayer services, review questions and answers, student activities, discussion questions, role-play situations, suggestions for interviews and guest speakers, student handouts, and much more.
Copyright: Feb. 1, 2009
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 300 pages
Item number: 1241
The Teaching Manual contains the following additional resources:
- an introduction with background, rationale, goals and objectives, and lesson planning for the course.
- background for the narrative approach used in the course.
- an appendix of additional suggestions for effective teaching.
- an annotated list of recommended audiovisual resources.
- a list of audiovisual distributors.
- an annotated bibliography of suggestions for further reading.
- three articles for teacher background.
- sample test questions, which are also available free of charge in editable format.