"Laocoon and His Sons" by Pliny the Elder at the Vatican Museum
About this image
This sculpture depicts a famous scene from the mythical Trojan War. It was found in Rome in 1506 and Julius II brought it to the Belvedere Courtyard. The sculpture had pieces missing, some of which were found as late as 1905.
Copyright © Saint Mary's Press. This image may be saved, printed or downloaded for personal and educational (non-commercial) use. All other uses require written permission from the publisher.