Bringing Catholic Youth and the Bible Together
Strategies and Activities for Parishes and Schools
Edited by Brian Singer-Towns
Sometimes the Bible can be overwhelming for teens. Here, nine biblical experts and veteran ministers help ministers and teachers bring Catholic youth and The Catholic Youth Bible™ together. They provide background on how Catholics approach the Scriptures, practical ideas for developing biblical literacy and biblical spirituality, directions for using the ancient Catholic practice of lectio divina with today's teens, and activities for using the Bible with junior high and senior high youth.
Inside you will find:
- background on how Catholic Christians approach and read the Scriptures.
- practical ideas for developing biblical literacy and biblical spirituality through your school and parish programs.
- directions for using the ancient Catholic practice of lectio divina with today's teens.
- activities for using the Bible with both junior high and high school youth.
- Lisa-Marie Calderone-Stewart
- Carole Goodwin
- Joseph Grant
- Maryann Hakowski
- Margaret Nutting Ralph
- Brian Singer-Towns
- Bishop Richard J. Sklba
- Tony Tamberino
- Michael Theisen
Copyright: Jan. 1, 2000
Size: 6 x 9
Length: 96 pages