Role-Plays for Youth
Teens face tough choices every day. These 16 Bible-based role-play exercises offer engaging, enjoyable, and effective ways to help young people make faith-based decisions. Bible stories come to life in relevant and current ways through tough choices and thoughtful decision-making. Themes include responsibility, trust, and forgiveness, while peer interaction and the Scriptures throw new light on teen issues. Scripture Alive, complete with references to related scriptural passages, discussion questions, and closing prayers, includes 55 handouts with role-play scenarios, character cards, and reflection questions.
The role-play themes fit topics addressed in youth ministry and religious education settings:
- The Parable of the Pound: Responsibility, Trust, Forgiveness.
- The Parable of the Vineyard Laborers: Fairness, Decisions, Sacrifice.
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan: Prejudice, Friendship, Humility.
- Healing Words: Empowerment, Healing, Affirmation.
- The Rich Man and Lazarus: Judgment, Mercy, Salvation.
- The Parable of the Ten Bridesmaids: Eternal Life, Evangelization, Patience.
- The Parable of the Prodigal Son: Forgiveness, Responsibility, Justice.
- The Parable of the Healing Touch: Healing, Compassion, Reaching Out.
- The Adulterous Woman: Dignity, Respect, Forgiveness.
- The Parable of the Mustard Seed: Faith, Hope, Patience.
- The Greatest Among Us: Qualities of a Hero.
- Jesus Chooses the Twelve: Choosing Our Companions.
- The Samaritan Woman: Risks, Faith, Self-Worth.
- The Rich Young Man: Trust, Decisions, Friendship.
- The Innocent: Abortion, Euthanasia, Genetics, Ethics.
- A Christmas Legend: The Birth of Jesus and Gift Giving.
Copyright: Jan. 1, 1996
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 120 pages