The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth (hardcover)
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth, Third Edition is the same understandable and down-to-earth guide to all things Catholic. This book is an eye-opener and a page-turner, whether you are brushing up on specific Catholic terms and concepts or learning them for the first time.
The third edition contains everything that people loved about the second, plus, new content and additional updates to make it even more useful to teachers and catechists. The enhancements include a greater emphasis on Scripture and review questions at the end of every chapter, and:
Six distinct sidebars (Did You Know?, Live It!, Pray It!, Catholic Wisdom, Saintly Profiles, and Scripture Connection) in every chapter that provide additional information that deepens and applies the primary chapter content.
Seven to ten content review questions at the end of every chapter.
- Appendix summarizing Catholic beliefs and practices
- Appendix with popular Catholic prayers and devotions
- Appendix that shows and explains Catholic signs and symbols
- Appendix listing patron saints and their causes
- A comprehensive glossary of Catholic terms and short definitions
- A six-page church history timeline
- An exhaustive index to the contents of the entire Handbook
*now available! correlation to the bishops' high school curriculum framework
The Ad Hoc Committee to Oversee the Use of the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found this catechetical text, copyright 2008, to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Would you like to sample The Catholic Faith Handbook for free?
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: Feb. 15, 2013
Size: 6.375 x 9.25
Length: 574 pages