The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth
Edited by Maura Thompson Hagarty
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth, Second Edition is an understandable and down-to-earth guide to all things Catholic. This book is an eye-opener and a page-turner, whether you are brushing up on specific Catholic terms and concepts or learning them for the first time.
The second edition contains everything that people loved about the first edition, including:
- a structure that parallels the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- 37 content-rich chapters divided into four parts: creed, liturgy and Sacraments, morality, and Christian prayer
- full-color photos that illustrate the books content, including saints' photos, early and contemporary art, and photos of modern-day symbols of living the Catholic faith.
- Did You Know? sidebars.
- Live It! sidebars.
- Looking Back sidebars.
- Saintly Profiles sidebars.
- patron saints list.
- brief summary of Catholic beliefs.
- timeline of Catholic historical events.
- index of key words and terms.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: Feb. 1, 2008
Size: 6.375 x 9.188
Length: 480 pages
Item number: 2813
New in the second edition!
- minor editing of content.
- over 50 new "For Further Reflection" questions.
- an illustrated guide to Catholic signs and symbols.
- an index of questions frequently asked by teens that directs readers to the pages where they can explore answers.
- updated statistics.
- items helpful for the preparation of Confirmation, including an overview of the rite of Confirmation, the consecratory prayer used in the rite of Confirmation, and the consecratory prayer used in the blessing of chrism.
- the timeline has been expanded from four to six pages to make it easier to read.
Correlation to the U.S. Bishops' High School curriculum framework available
Click here to download!
The Ad Hoc Committee to Oversee the Use of the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found this catechetical text, copyright 2008, to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
By Jean Cabanilla, Sacred Heart Parish
YouthWorker Journal, July/August, 2008
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth will cause you to reflect on your own spiritual disciplines and challenge you to embrace this mysterious relationship with God.