To ensure our Teacher Guides are used to assist teachers, and do not become a resource for the students, it is Saint Mary’s Press’ policy to only ship this Teacher Guide to a school. If you would like a copy shipped to a location other than a school, or would like to receive a review copy, please contact our customer care department.
This course provides an introduction to the Sacred Scriptures and to the unfolding of salvation history, with a particular focus on Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of salvation history. Revelation, both divine and natural, is explored, as are inspiration, interpretation, and exegesis.
The course guides the students in coming to know the people of salvation history, including the early leaders of Israel; the judges, kings, and the prophets; and the history of salvation as revealed in the New Testament. The students also learn about the role of the Scriptures in the life of faith for the individual as well as for the life of the Church.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: Feb. 18, 2011
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 190 pages
Item number: 1244
The Living in Christ Series
- Makes the most of the wisdom and experience of Catholic high school teachers as they empower and guide students to participate in their own learning.
- Engages students' intellect and responds to their natural desire to know God.
- Encourages faith in action through carefully crafted learning objectives, lessons, activities, active learning, and summative projects that address multiple learning styles.
What you will find . . .
- Each Living in Christ student book is developed in line with the U.S. Bishops' High School Curriculum Framework and provides key doctrine essential to the course in a clear and accessible way, making it relevant to the students and how they live their lives.
- Each Living in Christ teacher guide carefully crafts the lessons, based on the key principles of Understanding by Design, to guide the students' understanding of key concepts.
- Living in Christ offers an innovative, online learning environment featuring flexible and customizable resources to enrich and empower the teacher to respond to the diverse learning needs of the students.
- The Living in Christ series is available to you in traditional full-color text and in digital textbook format, offering you options to meet your preferences and needs.
To access the additional online resources for this course, please go to: http://www.smp.org/resourcecenter/books/
By Sr. Katherine Feely, SND, high school educator
By Patrick Tiernan, Boston College High School
By Mary Hansel Parlin, Cotter High School religion teacher