Teaching Manual for Written on Our Hearts (2002)
The Old Testament Story of God's Love
Does the Old Testament seem distant for your teens? Written on Our Hearts is a completely revised edition of The Hebrew Scriptures: The Biblical Story of God's Promise to Israel and Us. An in-depth course that brings to life the books of the Old Testament, this full-color student text covers the most important Scripture stories and passages of the Old Testament and guides students as they read the Bible. The one-semester course can be taught to ninth-graders but is ideal for tenth- and eleventh-grade students.
This 2002 edition of the teaching manual has been revised to reflect the changes made to the 2002 edition of the student textbook. The Ad Hoc Committee to Oversee the Use of the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found the student textbook Written on Our Hearts, copyright 2002, to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The teaching manual fully supports the student text and includes numbered references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, prayers, prayer services, review questions and answers, student activities, discussion questions, role-play situations, suggestions for interviews and guest speakers, student handouts, and much more.
The teaching manual contains the following additional resources:
- an introduction with background, rationale, goals and objectives, and lesson planning for the course.
- background for the narrative approach used in the course.
- an appendix of additional suggestions for effective teaching.
- an annotated list of recommended audiovisual resources.
- a list of audiovisual distributors.
- an annotated bibliography of suggestions for further reading.
- three articles for teacher background.
- sample test questions, which are also available free of charge in editable format.
Copyright: Jan. 1, 2002
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 322 pages