Teaching Manual for Jesus of History, Christ of Faith
To ensure our Teacher Guides are used to assist teachers, and do not become a resource for the students, it is Saint Mary’s Press’ policy to only ship this Teacher Guide to a school. If you would like a copy shipped to a location other than a school, or would like to receive a review copy, please contact our customer care department.
"Who is Jesus Christ, really? What was his life about?" This thorough, full-color revision of the popular Jesus of History, Christ of Faith invites students to explore the life of Jesus through a Christological study of the New Testament. The teaching manual fully supports the student text and includes numbered references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, prayers, prayer services, review questions and answers, student activities, discussion questions, role-play situations, suggestions for interviews and guest speakers, student handouts, and much more.
Copyright: Jan. 1, 1999
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 304 pages
Item number: 1231
The teaching manual contains the following additional resources:
- an introduction with background, rationale, and lesson planning for the course.
- theological and pedagogical background for the course.
- an appendix of additional suggestions for effective teaching.
- an annotated list of recommended audiovisual resources.
- a list of audiovisual distributors.
- an annotated bibliography of suggestions for further reading.
- sample test questions, which are also available free of charge in editable format.
More activities are suggested in the manual than a teacher could use in a semester. This wide selection allows teachers to choose the activities that are best suited to their students.
Supplemental Texts: The Centurion and the Songbird: Stories About the Gospels is a collection of 10 short stories for young adults. Each story is developed from the point of view of a character in the narrative, providing an inside perspective on the Gospels. The companion leader's guide includes a brief background about the story, questions for discussion, and Scripture connections.