Rose Pacatte, FSP
Rose Pacatte, FSP, has been involved in some type of media and communications since she entered the Daughters of St. Paul. Sister Rose received an MA in education in media studies from the Institute of Education, University of London, in 1995. She has produced a film and a series of videos for television, has been the editor-in-chief of a magazine, has published several books about Scripture and the movies, and has presented about media literacy all around the country and internationally, from South Africa to Italy, Trinidad and Tobago. She is the film/television columnist for St. Anthony Messenger magazine and contributes to the National Catholic Reporter. Rose has also served on Catholic and ecumenical film juries at international film festivals, and she has developed and teaches online courses for the University of Dayton's Virtual Learning Community. She has received numerous awards that acknowledge her contributions to the field of media and faith.
- DeRose-Hinkhouse Award for Our Media World: Teaching Kids K-8 about Faith and Media, Best of Class, book category, April, 2011 (Religious Communicator Council membership award).
- DeRose-Hinkhouse Award for Our Media World: Teaching Kids K-8 about Faith and Media, Award of Excellence, book category, April, 2011 (Religious Communicator Council membership award).
- DeRose-Hinkhouse Award for Excellence, "The Best Movie Priests," feature story, St. Anthony Messenger, April 2011 (Religious Communicator Council membership award).
- MAGIS Award from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, March 18, 2011, for supporting and promoting social justice in filmmaking.
- International Union of the Catholic Press, September 2010, Media Education Award (Educommunication) for Our Media World: Teaching Kids K-8 about Faith and Media (with Sr. Gretchen Hailer, RSHM).
- CIMA, Catholics in Media Board of Directors Award, 2010, for contributions in the field of media literacy education.
- Award of Excellence, DeRose-Hinkhouse, Media Mindfulness: Educating Teens about Faith and Media; Religious Communicators Council, 2008 membership award.
- Jessie McCanse Award for Individual Contribution to Media Literacy, The National Telemedia Council, 2007.
- Technology Award, The National Conference for Catechetical Leadership (NCCL), 2007.
By Rose Pacatte, FSP