The Church: Christ in the World Today
Enhanced Interactive Edition
The Church: Christ in the World Today guides the students in exploring and understanding the Catholic Church, as well as its origin, structure, and mission. Additionally, the course addresses the roles of the hierarchy, those in religious life, and the laity in supporting the mission of the Church. Particular attention is paid to the global presence of the Church as a light to all people.
The Living in Christ Series
- Makes the most of the wisdom and experience of Catholic high school teachers as they empower and guide students to participate in their own learning.
- Engages students' intellect and responds to their natural desire to know God.
- Encourages faith in action through carefully crafted learning objectives, lessons, activities, active learning, and summative projects that address multiple learning styles.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Item number: 1149EPUB
What you will find . . .
- Each Living in Christ student book is developed in line with the U.S. Bishops' High School Curriculum Framework and provides key doctrine essential to the course in a clear and accessible way, making it relevant to the students and how they live their lives.
- Each Living in Christ teacher guide carefully crafts the lessons, based on the key principles of Understanding by Design, to guide the students' understanding of key concepts.
- Living in Christ offers an innovative, online learning environment featuring flexible and customizable resources to enrich and empower the teacher to respond to the diverse learning needs of the students.
- The Living in Christ series is available to you in traditional full-color text and in digital textbook format, offering you options to meet your preferences and needs.
In addition to the complete text of the print book, the iBook Edition adds the following features:
- In-text links to official, online versions of Scripture, the Catechism, and Church documents so that students can study quotes from the text in their original context.
- In-text links to online biographies of all the saints mentioned in the student text.
- Photo galleries that explore topics in the text.
- Presentations that review key concepts.
- Self-correcting quizzes that assess the student’s mastery of the content in each part of the text.
- Links to online videos that explore people or concepts in greater depth.
**This title is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the USCCB's Curriculum Framework.