Teaching Manual for Understanding Catholic Christianity
Call 800-533-8095 to order
To ensure our Teacher Guides are used to assist teachers, and do not become a resource for the students, it is Saint Mary’s Press’ policy to only ship this Teacher Guide to a school. If you would like a copy shipped to a location other than a school, or would like to receive a review copy, please contact our customer care department.
As young teens begin to understand the rich heritage of Catholicism, they need a text that engages them at their stage of life. The one- or two-semester course Understanding Catholic Christianity offers a comprehensive overview of Catholicism for ninth-graders that gives these teens a foundation in their religion.
The teaching manual supports the student text and includes numbered references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, prayers, prayer services, review questions and answers, student activities, discussion questions, role-play situations, suggestions for interviews and guest speakers, student handouts, and much more.
The teaching manual contains the following additional resources:
- an introduction to the course, including a course rationale, an outline of the major concepts of the course, lesson planning suggestions, and descriptions of how to use the features of the student text and the teaching manual.
- an appendix of additional suggestions for effective teaching.
- an annotated list of recommended audiovisual resources.
- a list of audiovisual distributors.
- a bibliography of suggestions for further reading.
- sample test questions, also available free of charge in editable format.
Awards: Understanding Catholic Christianity was awarded second place in the category of Educational Books by the Catholic Press Association in 1997. It also won the 1997 Certificate of Merit for the Premier Print Award from Printing Industries of America. Chosen from thousands of entries, the Premier Print Award goes to those firms who demonstrate a unique ability to create visual masterpieces.
Copyright: Jan. 1, 1996
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 362 pages