The Catholic Youth Bible®
New Revised Standard Version: Catholic Edition
Edited by Virginia Halbur, MA
There's Only One! . . . And it just got better!
The Catholic Youth Bible in the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Catholic Edition will be a true companion, helping you find the answers you seek and helping you make connections to Catholic beliefs and traditions.
Over 700 lively articles help you . . .
- Pray It! Use the Bible for personal prayer.
- Study It! Understand and make sense of what the Bible says.
- Live It! Apply the Bible to real-life situations you're facing now.
This New Edition Features:
- New! 40 expanded Catholic Connection articles that provide a more complete presentation of those Catholic teachings that are scripturally based.
- New! 28 articles that address the seven principles of Catholic social teaching.
- New! 40 pages of four-color inserts that help you pray, study, and live the Bible and Catholic teachings.
- New! Illustrations throughout to provide a visual context for the biblical stories.
- New! Over 275 articles updated to reflect contemporary issues and biblical scholarship.
- Introductions to the major sections of the Bible and all the books of the Bible.
- Biblical connections to many different cultures, illustrating the universality of the Catholic Church.
- Insights into how the Church has interpreted key Scripture passages throughout history.
- A glossary of Scripture-related terms.
- Five special indexes: Sunday readings for cycles A, B, and C; 10 color maps; a four-page color timeline; and three pages of full-color biblical art
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Translation: New Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition
Copyright: Jan. 4, 2010
Size: 6.375 x 8.875
Length: 1560 pages
The Catholic Youth Bible
The Catholic Youth Bible from Saint Mary’s Press encourages young people to "Pray It," "Study It," and "Live It" as they read the Bible and apply scriptures to their lives.Read More
Review by Mary Harwell Sayler with Bible Reviewer