The Church: Christ in the World Today
The Church: Christ in the World Today guides the students in exploring and understanding the Catholic Church, as well as its origin, structure, and mission. Additionally, the course addresses the roles of the hierarchy, those in religious life, and the laity in supporting the mission of the Church. Particular attention is paid to the global presence of the Church as a light to all people.
The second edition of our popular Living In Christ series offers updated navigation, organizing and synchronizing curriculum across both teacher guides and student books. The student books have shifted from a section-part-article structure to a unit-chapter-article structure where sections become units and a part is now a chapter.
In addition to the complete text of the print book, the Interactive Edition adds the following features:
- In-text links to official, online versions of Scripture, the Catechism, and Church documents so that students can study quotes from the text in their original context.
- In-text links to online biographies of all the saints mentioned in the student text.
- Photo galleries that explore topics in the text.
- PowerPoint presentations that review key concepts.
- Links to online videos that explore people or concepts in greater depth.
**If you need more information on Living in Christ, first edition, please call 800-533-8095.
Copyright: Jan. 6, 2017