The New Normal
8 Ways to Care for Gen-Z in a Post-Pandemic World
This guide and workbook published by Springtide™ Research Institute, shares what they learned from young people in order to help you care for them in relevant, effective ways. Ways that don’t rely on going “back to normal” but instead prepare for a new normal.
Rooted in the social sciences, backed by data, and highly actionable, this guide offers 8 tips for ministry, outreach, and care in a post-pandemic world.
This is a rich way for your staff, your students, and you to process the year, for your end of year, summer reflection, or even a way to begin the new school or ministry year in the fall.
- CREATE SAFETY to help young people regain their footing
- GRIEVE WHAT’S BEEN LOST without dwelling on the negatives
- CELEBRATE WHAT’S BEEN GAINED without insisting on optimism
- RESIST COMPARISON by making space for a range of emotions
- GET TOGETHER to combat isolation with intentional gatherings
- TAKE CARE OF THE BODY to help the body and mind process stress
- TURN TO THE ARTS to find new modes of expression
- FOCUS ON THE PRACTICAL by offering young people concrete help
Young people are in a stage of life full of growth—socially, spiritually, emotionally, and more. Even before the pandemic, they were navigating some of life’s biggest questions around community, identity, and meaning. In essence, the pandemic has not been a slight speed bump as they navigate these big life questions; it was a sudden and dramatic left turn.
Publisher: Springtide Research Institute
Copyright: May 7, 2021
Length: 28 pages
Item number: 5934