The Catholic Children's Bible, Revised Edition
Call 800-533-8095 to order
Flexibility is needed now more than ever, which is why we're excited to announce that you can now purchase an eBook and print book bundle for a discounted price! Give us a call at 1-800-533-8095 to learn more.
NEW! Reading Plans and colorful stickers!
The first-ever Catholic Children’s Bible is now better than ever! This complete Bible inspires and empowers children to read, understand, and love the Word of God, in a revised edition.
With new, easy-to-follow Reading Plans and colorful stickers, the stories of our Catholic faith come alive with vivid, awe-inspiring artwork, larger text, and design features that not only enhance comprehension but create enjoyment.
- Reading Plans with stickers guide children through themes like Great Stories of Faith, the Miracles of Jesus, Following Jesus, and The Mass
- Children will know and understand God’s saving plan, revealed through 125 Feature Story spreads highlighting key Bible passages.
- Understand It! sections enable children to comprehend central themes by using child-friendly backgrounds and commentary.
- Live It! instructions encourage children to apply the meaning of each story to their lives through engaging activities and prayers.
- Tell It! frames help children to retain and comprehend the passage by having them retell the story in their own words.
- Vibrant illustrations immediately engage children and allow them to “dive in” to Scripture and become immersed in the stories.
- Intentional navigational and design elements such as fonts built for early readers, increased line spacing, bold vocabulary words, colorized text, and column dividers help to make this a Bible children can easily navigate and read on their own.
Would you like to sample The Catholic Children's Bible for free?
Fill out the form below.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Translation: Good News Translation
Copyright: Jan. 8, 2018
Thank you so much for FINALLY giving us a Children's Bible!
By Bridget Simpson, Pensacola/Tallahassee FL.
By Pat Solenski, St. Anthony Parish Religious Education, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
"I want to tell the whole world about it!"
By Claudia Lugo, St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church, Chino Hills, CA.
"Some parents even said they would want to read it themselves"
By Silvia Zaborowski, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church, Buckeye Lake, OH.
By A. Karina Plascencia, parent and catechist, Office of Religious Education, Los Angeles, California.
An awesome experience!
By Gina Esposito, St. Mary's Parish, OH
The Catholic Children's Bible by Saint Mary's Press
There are 125 specially featured Bible stories, packed with extra illustrations, explanations, ways to “live it!” and an opportunity to re- “tell it!” for deeper understanding.
Extra notes, Bible pictures, Bible Time Line, Maps, Catholic Practices and Catholic Prayers are included in the back, as well as critical Bible references for times when you really need them.
In addition to a healthy explanation of the format of the Bible in books, chapters and verses, The Catholic Children’s Bible sports colorful embedded tabs to articulate the various Books of the Bible, (visible from the side of the book) and a continuous bar of color at the bottom of the page showing the organization of these books into sections.
The imprimatur is included for the text of the articles and introductions, as well as for the text of the Good News Translation, Catholic Edition.
Review by Monica McConkey-Equipping Catholic Families
The pages are well laid out with large print and adequate spacing. Age-appropriate pictures are placed throughout the book. Colored tabs help to locate the various biblical books. In lieu of footnotes an asterisk appears after some versus, indicating that more information can be found in the Appendix at the end of the book. There one also finds a Bible Time Line, helpful maps, and aspects of Catholic culture such as the list of corporal and spiritual works of mercy, basic prayers, an explanation of the rosary, and a list of biblical passages for “special times.” This is a fine resource for children.
Review by Bible Today, July 2013