The Catholic Youth Bible®, 3rd Edition
New American Bible Revised Edition
Edited by Virginia Halbur, MA
No longer for sale
There's Only One! . . . And it just got better!
The Catholic Youth Bible in the New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) contains the new translation of the Old Testament and the new Roman Missal changes. The Catholic Youth Bible will be a true companion, helping you find the answers you seek and helping you make connections to Catholic beliefs and traditions.
Over 700 lively articles help you...
- Pray It! Use the Bible for personal prayer.
- Study It! Understand and make sense of what the Bible says.
- Live It! Apply the Bible to real-life situations you're facing now.
This New Edition Features:
- New 40 expanded "Catholic Connection" articles that provide a more complete presentation of those Catholic teachings that are scripturally based
- New 28 articles that address the seven principles of Catholic social teaching
- New 40 pages of 4-color inserts that help you pray, study, and live the Bible and Catholic teachings
- New Illustrations throughout to provide a visual context for the biblical stories
- New Over 275 articles updated to reflect contemporary issues and biblical scholarship
- Introductions to the major sections of the Bible and all the books of the Bible
- Biblical connections to many different cultures, illustrating the universality of the Catholic Church
- Insights into how the Church has interpreted key Scripture passages throughout history
- A glossary of Scripture-related terms
- Five special indexes; Sunday readings for cycles A, B, and C; 10 color maps; a four-page color timeline; and three pages of full-color biblical art
Edition: Third Edition
Translation: New American Bible Revised Edition
Copyright: Jan. 14, 2012
Format: Green leatherette
Size: 6.375 x 8.875
Length: 1802 pages
The Catholic Youth Bible
The Catholic Youth Bible from Saint Mary’s Press encourages young people to "Pray It," "Study It," and "Live It" as they read the Bible and apply scriptures to their lives.Read More
Review by Mary Harwell Sayler with Bible Reviewer