Anointed in the Spirit Catechist Guide
A Middle School Confirmation Program
Edited by Maura Thompson Hagarty
The Catechist Guide provides comprehensive support for catechists as they prepare the candidates for participating in and reflecting on the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The Catechist Guide offers 10 fully designed 60- to 90-minute sessions. Sessions 1 through 8 prepare the participants to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation. Sessions 9 and 10 take place after the celebration and help the newly confirmed reflect on the meaning and significance of the celebration.
The 10 session topics are:
- You're a Candidate Now.
- Baptism: Waters of New Life.
- Renewing Baptismal Promises.
- The Laying On of Hands.
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Being Anointed by the Holy Spirit.
- The Eucharist: The Heart of the Church's Life.
- Celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Mystagogy I: Reflecting on the Rite of Confirmation.
- Mystagogy II: Reflecting on God's Word.
Copyright: Feb. 1, 2010
Format: Plastic spiral
Size: 8.5 x 11
Length: 168 pages