Vocations: Answering God's Call, First Edition
By Jenna Cooper, Fr. Luke Sweeney and Joanna Dailey
Flexibility is needed now more than ever, which is why we're excited to announce that you can now purchase an eBook and print book bundle for a discounted price! Give us a call at 1-800-533-8095 to learn more.
Vocations: Answering God's Call
This course leads the students toward a deeper understanding of the vocations of life: how Christ calls us to live. In this course, students will learn how all vocations are similar as well as how they differ. They will learn what it means to live life for the benefit of others and the value in considering a vocation in service to the Christian community.
In addition to the complete text of the print book, the iBook Edition, and the enhanced interactive e-Books, add the following features:
- In-text links to official, online versions of Scripture, the Catechism, and Church documents so that students can study quotes from the text in their original context.
- In-text links to online biographies of all the saints mentioned in the student text.
- Photo galleries that explore topics in the text.
- Presentations that review key concepts.
- Self-correcting quizzes that assess the student’s mastery of the content in each part of the text.
- Links to online videos that explore people or concepts in greater depth.
The Living in Christ Series
- Makes the most of the wisdom and experience of Catholic high school teachers as they empower and guide students to participate in their own learning.
- Engages students' intellect and responds to their natural desire to know God.
- Encourages faith in action through carefully crafted learning objectives, lessons, activities, active learning, and summative projects that address multiple learning styles.
What you will find . . .
- Each Living in Christ student book is developed in line with the U.S. Bishops' High School Curriculum Framework and provides key doctrine essential to the course in a clear and accessible way, making it relevant to the students and how they live their lives.
- Each Living in Christ teacher guide carefully crafts the lessons, based on the key principles of Understanding by Design, to guide the students' understanding of key concepts.
- Living in Christ offers an innovative, online learning environment featuring flexible and customizable resources to enrich and empower the teacher to respond to the diverse learning needs of the students.
- The Living in Christ series is available to you in traditional full-color text and in digital textbook format, offering you options to meet your preferences and needs.
**This title is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the USCCB's Curriculum Framework.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
Copyright: Feb. 1, 2013
Size: 6 x 9
Length: 250 pages
sign in to write a reviewwrite a review
By Sr. Katherine Feely, SND, high school educator
By Patrick Tiernan, Boston College High School
Vocations: Answering God's Call
The next chapters deal with the ways in which we honor the Lord in our everyday life, through obedience to Christ’s teaching and ethical behavior. One of the best things about this book is its persuasiveness to young people, through the use of contemporary illustration. Rather than showing the idealized stereotypes, it uses stock photos of people in current fashions, so that teenage readers will think they’re reading about themselves.
As with most books from Saint Mary’s Press, I found Vocations to be a very enjoyable read.
Review by Ben Wolinsky with Olive Branch United